I am committed to safeguarding the privacy of my customers and website visitors. In this policy I will explain how Ela’s Clinic will treat your personal information.
It is important that you read this Privacy Notice together with any other Privacy Notice or Fair Processing Notice Ela’s Clinic may provide on specific occasions when collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why Ela’s Clinic is using your data. This Privacy Notice supplements any other Notices and is not intended to override them.
Ela’s Clinic is responsible for controlling your personal data.
Trading name: Ela’s Clinic.
Business owner: Ela Sutton
You can contact Ela’s Clinic by writing to our business address Longacre Lodge, Burgh Road, Orby, Lincolnshire, PE24 5HR or by using our email address firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 07973 168307 or (01754) 81 10 51
In the unusual event that you should at any time feel there is a cause for complaint please discuss the matter with us and we will do all we can to resolve any issues. If this doesn’t resolve the issue to your satisfaction you do have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection, on www.ico.org.uk
– visit the Clinic (the Clinic location is as above and is also available in the Contact Me section of our website);
– fill in your Consultation Form. (All Ela’s Clinic Clients will be asked to fill in a Consultation Form prior to their appointment. However, should there be difficulties with this, customers will also be able to fill in the Consultation Form at the Clinic.);
– visit our website.
Changes to the Privacy Notice and your duty to inform us of changes
This version was last updated on 19.09.2020 .
Ela’s Clinic reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice at any time. Any changes Ela’s Clinic may make to this Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email or text message.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with me.
This website does include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. Ela’s Clinic do not control these third-party websites and is not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, Ela’s Clinic encourages you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
The Legal Basis for Ela’s Clinic collecting your data
The law on data protection sets out a number of different basis’ on which a business can collect and process your personal data. These include:
In specific situations, Ela’s Clinic can collect and process your data with your consent. When collecting your personal data, Ela’s Clinic will always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
- Contractual obligations
In certain circumstances, Ela’s Clinic needs your personal data to comply with any contractual obligations, for example to give to a courier if posting you a product.
- Legal compliance
If the law requires us to, Ela’s Clinic may need to collect and process your data.
- Legitimate interest
In specific situations, Ela’s Clinic requires your data to pursue its’ legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running the business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
What type of information does Ela’s Clinic collect about you?
In order to provide you with a safe and individually tailored service Ela’s Clinic needs to collect your potentially sensitive personal data. Typically this may include:
- Your contact details including title, full name, address, telephone, email
- Your gender, date-of-birth and employment
- Certain aspects of your medical history such as allergy information, lifestyle, diet, current treatments and the name of your doctor
- Your treatments and product purchase history
- “Marketing” data, including history of communications, whether you open email or click on links – this may include technical information about your internet connection and browser – and information about products or treatments you have been interested in. This is to help us analyse which offers of products or treatments would be most beneficial to you, and how best to contact you about these.
- Reviews of our products and treatments that you may choose to complete.
- Your image may be recorded on Closed Circuit TV (CCTV) when you visit the Clinic. Generally this is not personally identifiable and is not stored for more than 7 days.
- Your photograph may be saved to your confidential client record for the purposes of treatment recommendations and insurance.
- Ela’s Clinic do not “augment” data you have given us from any third party data provider. We do not persistently save your payment card details in any of the systems. Our promise is to ensure we only collect the absolute minimum needed to provide you with the very best service.
Using your face or body image for Marketing Purposes
When you are filling in the Client Consent Form (on your online application or in paper form) you can simply circle NO in the photography/video usage section and therefore Ela’s Clinic won’t be allowed to use for marketing purposes any of the photos or videos of your person taken.
How long does Ela’s Clinic keep Client information?
Ela’s Clinic keeps your information only for as long as you have a relationship with the Clinic. After it ends Ela’s Clinic will only keep it where it may be needed for legitimate purposes. For example, in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance, to help respond to any queries you may have.
How does Ela’s Clinic use the information collected about you?
Ela’s Clinic promises it will only use the information that you provide to the Clinic in a responsible way and only when you have given explicit consent. These are ways Ela’s Clinic will use the data you provide:
- Assessing and providing the appropriate treatment plan for your personal circumstances.
- To improve the operation of the business and the service provided to you.
- For direct marketing communications. Your detailed profile will help us to offer you the products and treatments that will be most beneficial and relevant to your needs.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance.
- Ela’s Clinic sometimes needs to share your personal data with trusted third parties. Here’s the policy Ela’s Clinic applies to those organisations to keep your data safe and to protect your privacy:
- Ela’s Clinic provides only the information the third party needs to perform their specific service;
- We may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them. Ela’s Clinic will work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times;
- If Ela’s Clinic stops using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support the website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
- Direct marketing companies who help Ela’s Clinic to manage its electronic communications with you.
- Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
We do not share your data with third party companies for their own use.
Is your personal information transferred outside the UK/EEA?
Ela’s Clinic business is based in the UK. Some of our service providers may store your personal information on servers outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If they do then we will make sure that suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using approved contractual agreements.
Your rights regarding the personal information you provide.
You have a number of legal rights relating to the information Ela’s Clinic holds on your behalf. These include:
– to see what information the Clinic holds and how we process it;
– to ask Ela’s Clinic to update incorrect, out-of-date or incomplete details;
– to object to or restrict processing of the data;
– the right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”);
– the right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (”data portability”).
When will Ela’s Clinic contact you?
To provide a timely and relevant service Ela’s Clinic will need to contact you. We will ask you for your preferred contact method – this may include text messages (SMS), email, telephone or post. The following are the principal reasons for our contacting you:
– to administer/manage appointments for treatment or consultation;
– in relation to any correspondence we may receive from you;
– to update you on any material changes of our policies and practices;
– for reasonable marketing purposes but only if you have given us consent, and this will be restricted to your preferred contact method(s).
Children (clients under the age of 18)
From time to time Ela’s Clinic is asked to provide treatments for children. We will ask the parent or guardian to provide an explicit Consent to any proposed treatment.